Saturday, April 26, 2014

First Day Results!

Well, it has begun!
Yesterday I made my first investment and I am officially... well... losing money.
The first two stocks I bought were Principal Financial Group (PFG), and Microsoft (MSFT). I bought one share of PFG for $46.43 and it ended yesterday at $46.42. Certainly not the biggest loss, but a loss nonetheless. I will keep this stock for a few more days to see how it performs. The reason I bought this stock was because on CNBC, their Q1 earnings looked very promising and the stock jumped $2 overnight from thursday into friday. From this point on, I plan on watching CNBC everyday at around 10:00 to see what stocks are looking promising an hour into trading. I plan on day trading which is essentially only owning stocks for a few days at a time and gaining quick profits. While this does have the potential to gain a lot of money quickly, there is an even bigger potential to lose money if you do not pay attention, but my motto is, no risk, no reward. The second stock I bought was MSFT for $40.33 which ended yesterday at $39.91. Again, not the biggest loss, but money is money. I will also keep this stock for a few more days because I have faith in its growth due to their impressive Q1 results. Therefore, my total investment so far was $86.76 and is now at $86.33 after one day. These numbers are certainly not disheartening and I look forward to continue my investments throughout the week. This weekend I will do some more research and I plan on finding a cheaper stock around $15 so that I can get my whole $100 invested. I will watch the markets early monday and determine then how much longer I should hold my two investments. I am really excited that I have finally begun trading and I really look forward to seeing the numbers as the days continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment