One of my biggest weaknesses when it comes reading is my abhorrence of text books and factual reading. Being given numbers and told what they mean is in absolute torture and I can never bring myself to put much effort into such types of reading. However, with this book, things seem different. Instead of being utterly stultified, I am curious. Instead of trying to get through the reading in as short time as possible, I am pacing myself, trying to absorb all of the information at hand. I am so glad I challenged myself to read a text-book like book for my project. While I was afraid I would be bored half to death, I knew I would hopefully attain a lot of information along the way, and it has certainly paid off. I think that since this book as about one of my true passions with investment, I am able to put a lot more care into the reading.
Unfortunately, there are a lot less tips than I thought there would be in terms of what companies, how long to hold investments, etc. However, the factual knowledge about the stock market that I am learning is certainly making up for this. I feel like I can start to think a lot smarter as an investor and I thoroughly look forward to beginning my investments. Hopefully I am not working off of hubris and I will actually be able to make the profit I want. I have had my own money in the stock market for about four years now, and while I have made money along the way, I did so out of pure luck. I am excited to compare my long term profits to my short term profits and see if they are at all similar. I hope all of this knowledge I am gaining will be able to help me manage my personal account and I will no longer have to make decisions solely based off of what I thought would do well. I think the best thing I am getting out of this reading is knowledge that I will be able to keep with me for the rest of my life, I am excited to continue investing for as long as I can. I have always been incredibly interested in this adult version of gambling and I am very excited to see how my newfound knowledge will impact my future investments.
No comments:
Post a Comment